(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 3.12.95:
1. The Cabinet approved the composition and authority of the inter- ministerial committees.
2. The Cabinet appointed an Inter-ministerial Committee to Examine Legal and Other Implications of the High Court of Justice’s decision regarding Conversion in the Jewish Religion, to be chaired by the Justice Minister. Other committee members are: Moshe Shahal, Haim Ramon, Shimon Shetreet, Amnon Rubinstein, Yair Tzaban, Yehuda Amital, and Yossi Beilin.
3. The Cabinet approved the following draft bills:
a. Amendment to the Military Justice Law regarding reducing the period an arrested suspect can be held before being brought in front of a judge.
b. Amendment to the Military Cemetery Law regarding the addition of personal statements to military tombstones.
c. Draft Bill on surrogate motherhood agreements.
4. The Cabinet approved accords preventing double taxation with Greece, Italy, and France.
5. The Cabinet approved budget additions to Project Renewal, on social matters, for various neighborhoods in the Beit Shean Valley, Gilboa, Hof Ashkelon, Lev Hasharon, Lachish, Merom Hagalil, Merhavim, Matte Yehuda, Azatah, and Shapir Regional Councils.
6. The Cabinet heard a review on the status of the health system from the Minister of Health.
7. The Cabinet heard a review of the National Insurance Institute’s report on Poverty in Israel from the Minister of Labor and Welfare.