(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 15.05.94:
1. Sitting as the Ministerial Committee on National Security, the Cabinet was briefed by security officials.
2. The Foreign Minister briefed the Cabinet on his talks in Cairo.
3. The Prime Minister briefed the Cabinet on his trip to the United States.
4. The Cabinet discussed political issues, including the expropriation of land in Jerusalem, and made the following decisions:
A. The Cabinet takes cognizance of the Prime Minister’s announcement regarding the statement that was published on the intention to expropriate 535 dunam in Jerusalem.
B. The Cabinet has no intention to carry out additional expropriations of land in Jerusalem for housing purposes.
C. The Cabinet charged the Finance, Interior, Housing and Construction, and Environment Ministers to work, together with the Municipality of Jerusalem, to promote the issuing of building permits to Arab residents.
5. The Cabinet unanimously seconded the Finance Minister’s announcement that he intends to request that the Knesset Finance Committee not discuss raising minister’s salaries.
6. The Prime Minister announced that he will convene a ministerial discussion in regard to Kiryat Shmona.
7. The Cabinet accepted the Housing and Construction Minister’s plan on the issue of neighborhood rehabilitation.
8. The Cabinet decided to assign to the Foreign Ministry the responsibility of coordinating the staff work with all other Government ministries in order to prepare Israel’s position at the Barcelona Conference of Mediterranean Sea countries that will open in November 1995.
9. The Cabinet ratified a treaty with Australia on mutual legal assistance in criminal matters.
10. The Cabinet ratified a scientific and technological cooperation agreement with the Republic of (South) Korea.