(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat) 19 February 1995
At the weekly Cabinet meeting, today (Sunday), 19.02.95:
1. The Prime Minister announced that this Tuesday, 21.2.95, he will hold a special Cabinet meeting to announce the appointment of new Religious Affairs and Interior ministers, who will come from current cabinet members.
2. The Cabinet, within the framework of the Ministerial Committee on National Security, was briefed by the Prime Minister on his meeting with Yasser Arafat. The Prime Minister announced an easing of the closure, including permitting 10,000 workers from Gaza and 5,000 from Judea and Samaria to enter Israel, according to specific criteria established by the security establishment.
3. The Prime Minister announced the appointment of the new head of the General Security Service, whose term will begin on 1.3.95.
4. The Foreign Minister briefed the Cabinet on his meetings in Washington and Paris with American officials and with the Egyptian Foreign Minister.
5. The Cabinet discussed the Meretz faction’s appeal of the Cabinet’s decision regarding building in Greater Jerusalem. The Cabinet rejected their request.
6. The Construction and Housing Minister reported on advances in the construction sector.
7. The Cabinet began a discussion on developing additional economic opportunities for farm families who no longer make their livelihoods from agriculture.