(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting, today (Sunday), 19.03.95:
1. At the start of the meeting, the Prime Minister noted that the statement of Environment Minister Yossi Sarid, as reported in the media, regarding a Palestinian state, reflects only his personal opinion. The Cabinet is committed only to the Declaration of Principles, which contains no commitment to establish a Palestinian state.
2. The Cabinet approved economic measures designed to reduce taxes, and to make cuts in the State budget.
3. The Cabinet approved the 1995 Toll Road (Carmel tunnels) bill, dealing with the transformation of the Carmel tunnels into a toll road.
4. The Cabinet decided that the proposal for the mass distribution of Government-held stock (the options plan) will be discussed by the Ministerial Committee on Economic Affairs, which will decide the matter, with the Cabinet’s approval.
5. The Cabinet approved a 1995 bill to compensate children who become orphaned as a result of an act of violence.
6. The Cabinet approved Israel’s participation in the charter regarding prohibitions or limitations on the use of certain weapons which cause extreme and indiscriminate pain.
7. The Cabinet approved a proposal to examine and deal with flood-related damage in Faradis.