(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today, (Sunday) 20.08.95:
1. The Cabinet approved the protocol regarding an additional transfer of powers and responsibility between the Israeli Government and the PLO. The transfer includes authority in the spheres of labor, industry and trade, gas and fuel, insurance, postal services, statistics, local rule and agriculture.
2. The Cabinet heard a report on the issue of water in the Hebron hills. The Prime Minister instructed the relevant technical bodies to seek solutions to residents’ water needs.
3. The Cabinet continued the discussion on priorities in the 1996 state budget, in the framework of discussions on the state budget.
4. The Cabinet approved the appointments of the members of the Israel Broadcasting Authority’s Central Committee.
5. The Cabinet approved changing the name of the Ministry of Agriculture to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the ministry’s organization, accordingly.
Likewise, the Cabinet approved the transfer of powers from the Minister of Agriculture to the Minister of Environment, in accordance with the 1992 National Parks, Nature Reserves, National Sites and Memorial Sites Law.
6. The Cabinet approved the appointment of Shaika Erez as director of the Nature Reserves.