(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 21.05.95:
1. The Cabinet was briefed by the Labor and Social Affairs Minister on the employment of foreign workers in Israel. The Ministerial Committee on Economic Affairs will hold a further discussion on the various ramifications of this issue in the near future.
2. The Cabinet discussed plans for the supply of quarry products. The Cabinet asked the Israel Land Administration, in conjunction with Government ministries involved in the matter, to submit an action plan to the Cabinet, also addressing the allocation of land for new quarries.
3. The Cabinet approved the appointment of Mordechai Dvir as person in charge of the Interior Ministry’s Northern District.
4. The Cabinet was briefed by Minister Shimon Shetreet, chairman of the Ministerial Committee on Coordination and Administration, on the findings of the 45th State Comptroller’s Report and the comments of those bodies inspected.
5. The Cabinet began its discussion of the trade agreement with the European Union. The Cabinet will continue its discussion of this issue at a special meeting to be held later this week.