(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 22.10.95:
1. Within the framework of the Ministerial Committee on National Security Affairs, the Cabinet was briefed by IDF officials and by the Foreign Minister on the IDF’s redeployment in the wake of the Interim Agreement signed on 28.09.95, and on the planned timetables for its implementation.
2. The Cabinet appointed Eliyahu Hasson Director-General of the Transportation Ministry (succeeding Doron Shorer).
3. The Cabinet approved the appointment of Doron Shorer as Director of the Finance Ministry’s Capital Market, Insurance, and Savings Department
(succeeding Meir Shavit).
4. The Cabinet ratified treaties with Germany (on social security), and with Lithuania and Georgia (on cooperation in the spheres of culture, education, and science).
5. The Cabinet approved the establishment of an interministerial team to determine procedures for holding well-attended, outdoor public events (in light of the tragic events at the 1995 Arad Festival).