(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 23.07.95:
1. Prime Minister Rabin opened the meeting by welcoming the new ministers, Ehud Barak and Yossi Beilin.
2. Within the framework of the Ministerial Committee on National Security, the Cabinet was briefed on on-going security matters.
3. The Cabinet, according to a proposal by the Justice Minister, approved a proposed amendment to the Commissions of Inquiry Law, intended to revoke the expansion of the Knesset Committee on State Comptroller’s Affairs authority to appoint a commission of inquiry, as recently established by law.
4. The Tourism Minister presented a detailed plan for developing the tourism industry. A thorough and comprehensive discussion of the issue was held, and the Cabinet will finish the discussion at its next meeting.
5. The Cabinet decided to hold a special meeting on Wednesday, 26.7.95, which will be devoted to the subject of immigrant absorption.
6. The Cabinet decided to transfer NIS 1.251 billion of un-committed budget surpluses from the 1994 fiscal year to the general reserve (in accordance with sections detailed in the Cabinet decision). These funds will be used to finance existing commitments in the 1995 budget which are not included in ministry budgets.
7. The Cabinet approved the Foreign Minister’s appointment of MK Eli Dayan as Deputy Foreign Minister.