(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 26.03.95:
1. Further to its decision of 19.03.95, the Cabinet determined the extent of the reduction in income tax rates for individuals, starting from September 1995, by way of broadening tax brackets.
2. The Cabinet began its discussion of the issue of the pension funds, due to the necessity of dealing with the funds’ actuarial deficits. The discussion will continue and be concluded at a special meeting on Wednesday, 29.03.95.
3. The Cabinet, acting on the proposal of the Prime Minister and Defense Minister and the Finance Minister, approved the recovery program for TAAS Israel Industries (formerly Israel Military Industries).
4. The Cabinet appointed Amos Rudin as Housing and Construction Ministry Director-General.
5. The Cabinet approved the appointment of attorney Dr. Menahem Finkelstein as Deputy Attorney General (Legislation).
6. The Cabinet approved the appointment of Dina Rachevsky as Interior Ministry Deputy-General for Planning and Construction.
7. The Cabinet approved an industrial, technical, and scientific cooperation agreement with Portugal.
8. The Cabinet expressed its appreciation to Yoram Gabai, on the occasion of his retirement as Director of the State Revenue Administration.