(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 27.08.95:
1. Within the framework of the Ministerial Committee on National Security, the Cabinet was briefed by security officials on on-going security matters.
2. The Prime Minister and Defense Minister, on behalf of the Cabinet, expressed his great appreciation to the GSS for having located the terrorists who planned and carried out the attacks on the buses in Ramat Gan and Jerusalem thus foiling further attacks.
3. The Prime Minister also expressed appreciation to the Israel Police, which has stood at the forefront of law enforcement, in the face of extremist elements that wish to disrupt life within Israel.
4. The Cabinet approved the 1996 State Budget, a multi-year budgetary plan and structural changes.
5. The Cabinet approved the appointment of Gedalyahu Schreiber as Director- General of the Chief Rabbinate, in accordance with the recommendation of the Religious Affairs Minister, and in coordination with the Chief Rabbis.