(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Monday), 30.10.95:
1. Within the framework of the Ministerial Committee on National Security, the Cabinet was briefed on ongoing security and political matters by the Prime Minister and security officials.
2. The Cabinet approved, in accordance with the 1986 Security Service Law
(consolidated text) the decision of the Prime Minister and Defense Minister, with the agreement of the Minister of Police, regarding the number of those eligible for military service who will security related activities (not including the Border Police).
3. The Cabinet approved increasing the period of service for Holocaust survivors who are retiring civil servants, in accordance with the Civil Service Law (Pensions) in a manner that will apply to all pensioners who lived during the Holocaust, no matter what their age.
4. In accordance with the 1954 Bank of Israel Law, the Cabinet appointed Mr. Victor Medina (of Bank Mizrahi) and Mr. Eitan Raf (of Bank Leumi) as members of the advisory committee and advisory council, respectively.
(replacing Messrs. David Blumberg and David Friedman).
5. The Cabinet approved a tourism agreement with the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, as well as agreements with Latvia and South Africa.
6. The Cabinet extended the deadline for submitting the conclusions and recommendations of Ministerial Committee on Ikrit and Biram, until 31.12.95.