COMMISSION OF INQUIRY ISSUES LETTERS OF WARNING
(Communicated by Justice Ministry Spokeswoman)
The State Commission of Inquiry into the assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin has decided to issue letters of warning, in accordance with paragraph 15 of the Commissions of Inquiry Law, 1968, to the following people:
1. Head of the General Security Service (GSS)
2. Head of the GSS Jewish Affairs Division
3. Head of the GSS Protection Division
4. Commander of the GSS V.I.P. Protection Unit
5. Head of the GSS V.I.P. Protection Unit’s operations section
6. The GSS commander at the peace rally, and commander of a unit in the V.I.P. Protection Unit
7. Police Commander Ya’acov Shoval, commander of the Yarkon Sub- District.
In order to enable those who received letters of warning to prepare for the continuation of the proceedings, as required by paragraph 15, the proceedings have been postponed until Sunday, 31.12.95, at 10:00 hours.
PRIME MINISTER’S RESPONSE TO COMMISSION’S ISSUING NOTIFICATION LETTER
(Communicated by the Prime Minister’s Media Advisor)
Following the issuing today, Monday (18.12.95), of a letter of notification to the Head of the General Security Service (GSS), by the Commission of Inquiry into the Assassination of the late Prime Minister Rabin, Prime Minister Shimon Peres spoke with the Head of the GSS, and made clear to him that there was no necessity of taking any steps. He said, "You have an important position, and it is your duty to continue to carry it out." He added that he would assist the Head of the GSS in every way possible in order that he be able to continue to carry out his position properly.