– A license is required to fish, with the exception of fishing from the seashore with a hook and rod. Fishing boats also require a license, which sets out the area in which a boat may fish and the methods by which the fishermen may fish.
– It is forbidden to use explosives to catch or kill fish; it is also forbidden to poison fish.
– The Minister of Agriculture is responsible for the implementation of this Law; in addition, he may promulgate regulations:
* forbidding certain fishing methods which may damage the development or threaten the survival of a species of fish; the Minister may also promulgate any regulation relating to the "preservation, protection and maintenance of fish as he deems necessary";
* limiting or forbidding fishing in certain areas or during certain seasons;
* setting out size limits for a species of fish;
* concerning the size and caliber of mesh of fishing nets;
* setting the price of fishing licenses.