Security Cabinet Decision
(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
1. The Government of Israel takes a grave view of the deadly attacks this evening (December 12).
2. The Government of Israel views Arafat as directly responsible for this series of attacks, and, in light of this, states that Arafat is no longer relevant from Israel’s point of view, and there will be no more communication with him.
3. The Security Cabinet approves the military actions as presented by the Defense Minister and the Chief of Staff at the "kitchen cabinet" meeting this evening.
4. The IDF will deploy rapidly for action in the urban areas of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, in order to carry out arrests and to confiscate weapons.
5. The defense establishment will present to the Cabinet as soon as possible the revised methods for combatting the Hamas, Islamic Jihad and other terrorist organizations, in light of the increased severity of terrorist attacks.
6. The Government of Israel views the Palestinian Authority and its head as directly responsible for the difficult situation of the Palestinian population. The Government of Israel will continue to make every effort to assist this population.