(Communicated by the IDF Spokesman)
In accordance with a decision by the political echelon and in light of security assessments, a general closure will be imposed on Judea, Samaria and the Gaza Strip, effective tonight and for the duration of the Passover holiday.
For the duration of the closure the passage of those in need of humanitarian aid as well as doctors, medical personnel, lawyers, NGO members and additional professional groups will be authorized by the District Coordination and Liaison offices.
The closure has no effect on the movement of journalists, who are reminded to ensure that their GPO credentials, passports and visas are valid. Media personnel with Israeli or dual citizenship are required to sign release forms prior to visiting the A areas and are encouraged to coordinate their passage in advance with the IDF.
The IDF regards the holiday period as a highly sensitive time, security wise. Accordingly, the IDF will increase its alertness in order to ensure the safety of the citizens of Israel, while preserving, to the best of its ability, the daily life of the Palestinian population.
It is important to emphasize that the preparations of the security forces for the upcoming Christian holidays will still be in effect. These preparations will facilitate the observance of all religious ceremonies taking place during this holiday period, and will allow comfortable, quick and efficient passage through the checkpoints for the Christian population:
- Thousands of Christian residents of Judea and Samaria will be able to pass into the rest of Israel for family visits.
- Hundreds of Christians from the Gaza Strip will be permitted to enter Judea and Samaria and Israel’s home front for the purpose of religious ceremonies and family visits.
- Clergymen will be able to pass freely through crossings between Judea and Samaria and Israel’s home front.
- 1,000 Palestinian workers from the region of Judea and Samaria will be permitted to pass into northern Israel for the cucumber and almond picking-season.
- Israeli citizens will be allowed to pass into Jericho and Bethlehem in order to participate in religious ceremonies.
- Entry of Israeli citizens into the Gaza Strip for holiday visits will be authorized according to security assessments.