(Communicated by the Prime Minister’s Media Adviser)
The Government today (Wednesday), 4 July 2007, unanimously approved the appointment of MKs Haim Ramon and Ruhama Avraham as ministers.
The Government also approved the following reassignments:
- Minister Meir Shetrit will serve as Interior Minister.
- Minister Zeev Boim will serve as Minister of Construction and Housing.
- Minister Yaacov Edri will serve as Minister of Immigrant Absorption and will be responsible for the development of the Galilee and the Negev.
- Minister Ramon will serve as Vice Premier in the Prime Minister’s Office. He will be involved in all areas of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert’s duties, including in the diplomatic-security sphere, according to the Prime Minister ’s consideration.
- Minister Avraham will be responsible for Government-Knesset liaison.
- Minister Yitzhak Herzog will be responsible for the Israel Broadcasting Authority.
- Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer will chair the Ministerial Committee on the Non-Jewish Sector.
- Minister Gideon Ezra will join the Judges Selection Committee.