The Cabinet directed the IDF and the ISA to continue vigorous action against the terrorist infrastructures operating from the Gaza Strip against the civilian population in Israel in order to allow a normal life for the residents of the State of Israel.
(Communicated by the Prime Minister’s Media Adviser)
It was unanimously decided, this evening (Wednesday, 14 November 2012):
1. To direct the IDF and the ISA to continue vigorous action against the terrorist infrastructures operating from the Gaza Strip against the civilian population in Israel in order to bring about an improvement in the security reality and allow a normal life for the residents of the State of Israel.
Alongside the military effort, Israel will, to the best of its ability, work to avoid harming civilians while honoring the humanitarian needs of the population, in keeping with the rules of international law.
2. To direct the IDF, the Home Front Defense Ministry, the Israel Police and all relevant agencies to take all necessary measures in keeping with Defense Minister Ehud Barak’s statement regarding the declaration of a special home front situation.
3. To allow the IDF, as per need and with the approval of Defense Minister Barak, to mobilize reserve units.
4. To direct the National Information Directorate and the Foreign Ministry, in conjunction with all relevant agencies, to explain Israel’s actions, in Israel and in the international arena.
5. To authorize Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, along with Defense Minister Barak and Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman, and in consultation with other ministers as per need, to decide, on behalf of the Security Cabinet, regarding the actions necessary to continue with Operation Pillar of Defense and to submit other decisions for Government approval, as may prove necessary.