This month saw an increase in goods delivered to Gaza. International projects are ongoing: 163 approved, 35 completed and 57 under implementation.
Communicated by the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT)
The following is a report on the civilian and humanitarian activities carried out by the Israeli authorities during the month of August 2011:
– There was a 2% increase in the volume of truckloads transferred through the crossings comparison with last month.
– There was a 7% increase in the number of patients and accompanying individuals who entered Israel for medical purposes.
– Until today 163 projects funded by the international community were approved, of which 35 were completed and 57 are under implementation.
– During the month, the coordination with representatives of the PA continued – 44 meetings were held.
– There was a 0.6 increase in the number of foreign staff members of the international community that entered Gaza this month.
Movement and Permits
– In August, 2705 Palestinians exited the Gaza Strip through Erez Crossing.
– Overall, 2,853 permits were issued to Palestinians, allowing them to cross through Erez, including:
o 1,201 permits for medical cases (603 patients and 598 accompanying individuals), enabling them to receive medical treatment in Israel, the West Bank and abroad;
o 53 permits for international organizations employees.
o 70 permits for traveling abroad.
– 1,130 businessmen exited the Gaza Strip.
International Projects Status: Until today 163 projects have been approved, of which 35 have been completed and 62 are being implemented.
– Israel maintained a continuous supply of electricity and water to the Gaza Strip.
– 4 truckloads of equipment were delivered for the electric network.
– 4 truckloads of equipment were delivered for the communication network.
– During the month 21 diplomatic delegations entered the Gaza strip.
– 49 foreign staff members of international organization crossed.
– During this month, 53 Palestinian international organizations employees crossed.
– 13.5 million USD were transferred for UNRWA.
– Overall, 701 truckloads were delivered for the international Organizations.
During the month, 5,087 truckloads were delivered into the Gaza Strip through Kerem Shalom Crossing, including:
o 81 truckloads of clothing and footwear;
o 149 truckloads of electric products;
o 1,609 truckloads of food;
o 1,408 truckloads of construction materials;
o 155 truckloads of inputs for agriculture.
The transfer of cooking gas continued throughout the month; overall, 3,351 tons of cooking gas were transferred into the Gaza Strip.
Good Delivered to the Gaza Strip, by category
Milk Powder & Baby Formula 31
Produce (Fruits & Vegetables) 366
Meat / Chicken / Fish Products 253
Dairy Products 148
Cooking Oil 46
Mixed/Additional Food Products 403
Total of Food Products 1,609
Glass, Wood Profiles and Aluminum Profiles 131
Total of Construction Materials 1,408
Inputs for Agriculture 155
Electric Products 149
Clothing & Footwear 81
Animal Feed 498
Hygiene Products 105
Plumbing and Ceramics 281
Essential Humanitarian Products 590
Medicine and Medical Equipment 42
Mixed Products 169
Total Truckloads 5,087
Total Weight 138,029