Over the past few months the IDF, ISA and the Israeli Police uncovered a Hamas terror cell in Nablus and surrounding villages. The leaders of the cell intended to rebuild a vast terror network in multiple Palestinian cities. Throughout the extensive investigation, 40 Hamas operatives were detained.
(Communicated by the IDF Spokesperson)
The investigation revealed that Hamas had established a command center in Nablus and was branching out to cities and villages nearby. The terror organization appointed regional leaders and divided responsibilities among them. Hussam Badran (1966), Hamas spokesperson and senior official based in Qatar, led the establishment of the cell and transferred hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Nablus headquarters.
The money was transferred to the cell in the form of gold and jewelry purchased in Jordan and then smuggled into Nablus. Anan Sabba Ali Fatuch (1971), a Nablus gold trader, facilitated the transfer through his shop which was used for Hamas’ money laundering.
The investigation led to the exposure of an additional terror cell operating from the Farah refugee camp. Members of that group admitted to purchasing binoculars and military night vision equipment that would be used in a future terror attack.
As part of a Hamas strategy called Dawa, the headquarters in Nablus was also involved in a wide range of fields in the community, including education, charity, legal disputes and economic assistance to the families of prisoners. This strategy is used to gain support and power in Palestinian cities and villages, and to extend Hamas’ terror network throughout them.
40 Hamas operatives were detained in the process of uncovering the cell. Some of the senior operatives include:
- A’anem Taufik Salech Salma (1966), a senior terror operative in Nablus, served as the head of the Hamas headquarters, operated in the past to reestablish Hamas terror activities in the Nablus area.
- Samih Saliman Muhammad Eilawi (1963), a senior terror operative in Nablus, in charge of the cell’s finances.
- Ahmmad Taufik Yussef Sualche (1973), resident of Atsira Shmalia, served as Hamas contact to representatives abroad, and coordinator between Hamas’ headquarters in Nablus and nearby villages.
- Sa’aeed Abraheem Sa’aeed Duicat (1967), resident of Nablus, served as the representative of Hamas in Malaysia and head of research.
- Zaher Sudki Muhammad Mussa (1967), resident of Zawata, served as the head of Hamas activities in the area of Zawata.
- Haldon Abbed el Rahman Yussef Asida (1975), resident of Tel, served as the head of Hamas activities in the area of Tel.
- Amjad Muhammed Yussef Dirya (1967), resident of Akrabe, served as the head of Hamas activities in the area of Akrabe.
- Muhammad Kassem Muhammad Juda (1969), resident of Kabalan, served as the head of Hamas activities in the area of Kabalan.
- Jahead Daud Saliman Abu Raheem (1969), resident of Jama’in, served as the head of Hamas activities in the area of Salafit.
- Ahmmad Rashad Deef Alla Soalme (1971), resident of the Fara refugee camp, served as the head of Hamas activities in the area of Tubas.