Jerusalem, December 31, 2014 – The Investment Center at the Ministry of Economy has authorized an allocation of NIS 10 million to 16 hotels around Israel, most in the periphery, for them to employ approximately 200 employees from population sectors with low participation rates in the labor market, including the Arab, Bedouin, and Druze sectors, the ultra-Orthodox Jewish sector, people with disabilities, and single parent families.
This first-time allocation authorized the following (all numbers in approximation):
- NIS 5.5 million for Dead Sea hotels
- NIS 2.4 million for hotels in Jerusalem, including East Jerusalem
- NIS 530,000 for hotels in Eilat
- NIS 530,000 for hotels in Tiberias
- NIS 175,000 for hotels in Ashkelon
- NIS 175,000 for hotels in Tel Aviv