Researchers submitted a first project report to the Ministries of Environmental Protection (MoEP) and Health in March 2016, and the Scientific Committee that is assisting with oversight of the researchers met on April 19th, for a professional, focused discussion regarding that report. The committee, composed of representatives from the MoEP, Ministry of Health, and senior researchers from academia and medical institutions, is working to publish the report as soon as possible.
Status of the Research Project
- After thoroughly examining the report, in mid-May 2016 the scientific committee requested that researchers provide further details that are not included in the report.
- The researchers submitted these additional details on June 5, 2016.
- The committee has been working diligently on the report, and its members will continue to discuss details within with the researchers in the near future.
- The scientific committee members will present the full report to the public as soon as possible, once they complete their work. All the information will be published with full transparency.
- Another project update will be published next month.
Learn more about the Haifa Bay Epidemiological Monitoring Project.