(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today, (Sunday), 03.07.93:
1. Within the framework of the Ministerial Committee on National Security Affairs, the Cabinet was briefed on on-going security matters.
2. The Prime Minister and Defense Minister, in the name of the Cabinet, expressed his deep appreciation to the Police Minister, the Police Inspector-General, the Israel Police, the IDF and other security elements for their activities regarding the demonstrations which took place over the course of the week, following the arrival of the PLO Chairman in Gaza.
3. The Cabinet appointed attorney Shmuel Hollander to the post of Cabinet Secretary.
4. The appointment of Ron Levine to the post of Postal Authority Director was approved.
5. It was decided to ask the Finance and Agriculture Ministers to formulate, within seven days, a proposal for importing fruit into Israel in the wake of the anticipated shortage of fruit.