8 December 1994
(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the Cabinet’s special meeting today (Thursday), 8.12.94:
1. A discussion was held on continuing negotiations with the PLO and the Palestinian Authority for implementing the Declaration of Principles.
2. The Government will continue the negotiations, in accordance with its commitment to the DOP, and will act according to its principles and the lessons learned until now.
3. The efforts to bring about a resumption of peace negotiations with Syria will also continue.
4. The Cabinet views the continuation of the peace process, and at the same time the war against extremist Islamic terrorism, as the main elements of its political-security goal.
5. The Government will demand that the PLO and the Palestinian Authority adhere to the commitments which they took upon themselves in the DOP and in the exchange of letters between PLO Chairman Arafat and Prime Minister Rabin.