(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
1. The Cabinet held its weekly meeting today (Sunday), July 24, 1994, led by Acting Prime Minister Yisrael Kessar.
2. Within the framework of the Ministerial Committee on National Security, the Cabinet was briefed on on-going security matters.
3. The Cabinet sent its good wishes to the Prime Minister and Foreign Minister in advance of the historic meeting with King Hussein and President Clinton in Washington. The Cabinet views this meeting as another important and encouraging step en route to peace in the Middle East.
The Cabinet also sent its good wishes to King Hussein who, in his meetings with Israeli leaders, has demonstrated his willingness to adhere to the peace process and to leave the Israeli-Arab conflict behind. The Government of Israel has taken upon itself to act toward obtaining peace with all of its neighbors the Palestinians, the Jordanians, Syria and Lebanon and it views the meeting in Washington as another cornerstone in the construction of comprehensive peace in the Middle East.
4. The Cabinet approved the departure of an aid delegation, headed by Minister Yossi Sarid, to Rwanda. The Cabinet praised the initiative of the IDF and of other bodies who have participated in this very important humanitarian mission.
5. The Finance Minister briefed the Cabinet on the negotiations with the Histadrut on a rehabilitation agreement for Kupat Holim Clalit.