(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), July 2, 1995:
1. Within the framework of the Ministerial Committee on National Security, the Cabinet was briefed by the Chief of Staff on his talks in Washington with Syrian Chief of Staff Shihabi.
2. The Cabinet was briefed by the Foreign Minister on his talks with Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat.
3. The Cabinet was briefed by the Agriculture Minister on the situation of the residents of the Ta’anach region communities.
4. The Cabinet approved extending the term of the declaration of areas of national priority regarding the Law to Encourage Capital Investment, including the granting of preferred standing to the municipal area of Kiryat Gat.
5. The Cabinet approved the appointment of Mr. Moshe Mizrahi as Assistant Director-General of the Prime Minister’s Office.
6. The Cabinet ratified the scientific and technological cooperation agreements relating to the United States and Japan, as well as the trade and economic cooperation agreement with India.