(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 02.06.96:
1. At the start of the Cabinet meeting, the Prime Minister said that he himself, as well as the other Cabinet ministers will do their best to transfer the administration to the new government in an orderly fashion.
2. A. The cabinet noted the statement of the Prime Minister and Defense Minister on the defense establishment’s preparations for the redeployment in Hebron, with respect to security, civilian affairs and the international presence in the city.
B. These preparations are being made on the basis of a joint understanding with the Palestinian Authority.
C. The redeployment must be carried out about one month following the date on which the understanding with the Palestinian Authority was reached, and in accordance with security preparations that is, approximately mid-June.
D. It should be emphasized that the Government of Israel remains committed to the implementation of all elements of the interim agreement, including the redeployment in Hebron.
E. The matter will be for the incoming government to deal with, based upon Israel’s international committment to the interim agreement, and to the status of the understanding reached with the Palestinian Authority.
3. Security officials briefed the Cabinet on ongoing security matters, within the framework of the Ministerial Committee on National Security Affairs.
4. The Cabinet approved the Toll Road (Israel National Highway) Law, 1995 the conditions of the tender and manner of its administration which is the stage of awarding the tender.
5. The Cabinet approved, in accordance with Section 18 of the Basic Law: The State President, the President’s trip to Turkey at the invitation of the President of Turkey to participate in a United Nations conference on housing and the environment.
6. The Cabinet noted the protocol signed in Germany between representatives of Israel and the representative of the Chancellor of Germany, regarding the conditions for receiving development loans for the purpose of implementing the peace, and for the International Center for the War on Desertification, and Water Technologies at Sde Boker.