(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 05.05.96:
1. Sitting as the Ministerial Committee on National Security Affairs, the Cabinet was briefed by IDF officials on the findings of the team reviewing the shooting incident at Kafr Kana.
The Chief-of-Staff will bring the findings to the attention of the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee and the public.
2. The Prime Minister announced that within a week, a discussion will be held by the Cabinet or by the Ministerial Committee on National Security Affairs on the issue of the redeployment in Hebron.
3. The Cabinet was briefed by a security official on security matters.
4. The Cabinet approved the outline of the "Nazareth 2000" development plan, which deals primarily with the development of national and international tourism in anticipation of the year 2000, as well as the plans for urban renewal in Nazareth as a condition for tourist development.
5. The Cabinet approved the entry of an additional 10,000 foreign workers for the building sector.
6. The Cabinet began a discussion of the kibbutz debt arrangement. The discussion will continue after the Attorney-General’s opinion is received.
7. The Cabinet approved the appointment of Asher Segev as Director-General of the Religious Affairs Ministry.