(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Monday), 8.12.97:
1. The Prime Minister briefed the Cabinet on his European trip and his summit meetings with the leaders of France and Germany, and with the US Secretary of State.
2. The Finance Minister briefed the Cabinet on the negotiations with the Histadrut during the general strike.
3. The Director of the GSS briefed the Cabinet on security matters.
4. The Cabinet approved the framework of events for the 50th anniversary of the State of Israel, as presented by the chairman of the 50th anniversary celebrations association, Yitzhak Moda’i, as was approved by the special ministerial committee headed by the Prime Minister. A partial list of the main events was approved, including the projected budget for these events.
5. It was decided to appoint Moshe Leon as Director-General of the Prime Minister’s Office.
6. The Cabinet decided to approve the amended documents for the Carmel Tunnels Project.
7. It was decided to approve the following agreements:
a. a treaty with the Republic of Korea on technical cooperation in agriculture; b. a treaty with Vietnam on agricultural cooperation; c. a free trade agreement with Hungary; and d. a free trade agreement with Poland.