(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 28.6.98:
1. The Defense Minister briefed the cabinet on the efforts which led to the return of the body of Itamar Ilya to Israel. The Deputy Chief-of-Staff reported on the recent incidents in Lebanon in which two IDF soldiers were killed.
2. The cabinet approved the framework agreement for cooperation with the International Migration Organization.
3. The cabinet decided to work towards the establishment of a community settlement in the Mateh Yehuda Regional Council area, to be temporarily named Roglit. The cabinet decided to instruct the relevant ministers to implement the decision as soon as possible.
The cabinet also decided to work towards the establishment of six new communities in the eastern part of the Lachish district and the Yatir area. The cabinet decided to instruct the relevant ministers to implement the decision as soon as possible. The necessary budgets for the establishment of these communities will be determined through the regular channels.
4. The Director of the GSS briefed the Cabinet on security matters.
5. The cabinet was informed that the VIP card of Col. Tirawi (one of the heads of the Palestinian security apparatus) was returned to him, as recommended by Israeli security officials. Security officials said that this was done after the trial of those involved in the murder of land dealers ended without any connection to Tirawi being found.