(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting today (Sunday), 8 August 2004:
1. ISA Director Avi Dichter briefed ministers on security issues.
2. The Cabinet approved the appointment of Shabtai Tzur as Israeli Ambassador to Georgia.
3. The Cabinet approved the following appointments:
– Daniel Pinchasi, Ambassador to Senegal, and Non-resident Ambassador to
Guinea-Bissau and Cape Verde.
– Ze’ev Ben-Aryeh, Ambassador to Belarus.
– Aryeh Mekel, Consul-General in New York
4. The Cabinet appointed attorney Bina Bar-On as Director of the Industrial Cooperation Authority.
In addition to the coordination committee, which operates alongside Authority, the principal task of which is to aid the Authority in locating Israeli companies and bodies that are suitable for communication with foreign suppliers who are committed to reciprocal purchases, Trade, Industry and Employment Minister Ehud Olmert will appoint an executive committee for the Authority, which will include representatives from large Israeli companies and other bodies. Members of the executive committee and the coordination committee will not be paid a salary or receive any other benefits for their work.