(Communicated by the IDF Spokesman and Coordinator of Activities in the Territories)
In light of the ongoing cooperation with the Palestinian Authority the IDF will continue to ease restrictions for the Palestinian population in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.
- 2,000 additional Palestinian workers from the West Bank have been authorized to enter to work in Israel.
- 1,000 Palestinian workers and 500 merchants from the Gaza Strip have been authorized to enter Israel via the Erez crossing to work in Israel.
- 500 Palestinians workers have been authorized to work in the Erez industrial zone.
- Palestinian family members have been authorized to visit relatives in prison in Israel.
- The Gush Katif junction will be open 24 hours a day to all vehicles including vehicles of the Palestinian security services.
The reopening of the Erez crossing and the Erez industrial zone is a part of a series of easements of restrictions for the Palestinian population. Within this framework the Karni crossing was reopened on February 7, 2005, for the passage of agricultural merchandise and humanitarian aid, after repairs at the crossing were completed. In addition, the Rafah crossing was fully reopened for the passage of Palestinians two weeks ago, on February 1, 2005.