(Communicated by the Prime Minister’s Media Adviser)
At the Political-Security Cabinet meeting today (Wednesday, 22 Nov 2006):
Further to the cabinet’s 1 November 2006 decision on action regarding missile attacks on Israeli communities in the greater Gaza Strip area and the strengthening of terrorist forces in the Gaza Strip, the following measures have been approved:
1. To continue operational activity in the missile-launching areas in the Gaza Strip according to the model presented to the cabinet by Chief of General Staff Lt.-Gen. Dan Halutz. Operative plans will be approved by the "forum of eight."
2. To continue countermeasures against all stages of missile launching activity, including know-how, production, storage, and firing.
3. Specific countermeasures against those actively involved in terrorist operations.
4. Operational activities against Hamas institutions in the Gaza Strip. The objectives will be approved by Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Defense Minister Amir Peretz.
5. To continue diplomatic efforts and cooperation with Egypt and the international community to confront the strengthening of terrorist forces in the Gaza Strip and to prevent weapons smuggling, as well as the transfer of know-how and resources into the Strip.
6. To continue the security forces’ operational activities against weapons smuggling.
7. The security establishment has been instructed to prepare and present for cabinet approval a plan for a more extensive operation.