(Communicated by the National Security Council Counter-Terrorism Division)
The National Security Council Counter-Terrorism Division calls the public’s attention to the existing travel warnings and related information. The travel warning tables and other information are still valid and remain in force with the following five changes:
1. There is an especially high concrete warning against travel to the Sinai peninsula; Israeli citizens are urged to avoid visiting there and to leave immediately.
2. There are no specific warnings regarding travel to Mauritania and the Comoro Islands.
3. The travel warnings regarding Libya, Oman and Kenya have been redefined as "basic concrete threat"; Israeli citizens are urged to avoid traveling there.
4. There is a basic concrete threat regarding travel to the Philippine islands of Palawan and Davao; Israeli citizens are urged to avoid traveling there.
5. There is a temporary potential threat regarding travel to Turkey due to the continuation of terrorist attacks against tourist targets there. Israelis are urged to avoid visiting crowded sites there.
* * *
The National Security Council Counter-Terrorism Division reiterates the following regarding Israelis abroad:
1. Refrain from visiting or being present in Arab countries regarding which there are travel warnings (all Arab countries except Mauritania and the Comoro Islands).
2. Do not visit or be present in other countries/areas regarding which there are travel warnings, especially Islamic countries.
3. Do not accept enticing and/or unexpected proposals abroad.
4. Do not receive unexpected gifts and invitations to free vacations from suspect and/or unknown elements.
5. Do not accept invitations to unexpected meetings from suspect and/or unknown elements in remote or isolated places, especially at night.
6. Do not appear alone at unplanned meetings; be accompanied.