(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting on Sunday, 14 June 2009:
1. Israel Police Inspector-General Dudi Cohen briefed ministers about the work and structure of the Israel Police, including the war on crime, and its future development under the 2008-2012 multi-year plan.
2. Pursuant to Article 23 of the 1959 State Service Law (Appointments), the Cabinet appointed Nir Hefetz as head of the Prime Minister’s Office National Information Directorate, effective immediately. The establishment of the National Information Directorate was mandated by the Cabinet’s 8 July 2007 decision.
3. Pursuant to Article 23 of the 1959 State Service Law (Appointments), the Cabinet accepted Agriculture and Rural Development Minister Shalom Simhon’s proposal and appointed Yossi Yishai as Director-General of the Agriculture and Rural Development Ministry.
4. Pursuant to Article 23 of the 1959 State Service Law (Appointments), the Cabinet accepted Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz’s proposal and appointed Udi Nissan as Finance Ministry Budget Director, effective 19 July 2009.
5. The Cabinet appointed Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman to chair a ministerial committee on foreign service appointments. The committee will vet candidates – from among Foreign Ministry employees – for appointment as ambassadors and consul-generals, prior to their approval by the Cabinet.
6. The Cabinet appointed Religious Services Minister Yakov Margi to chair a ministerial committee on burial issues.
7. The Cabinet approved various draft amendments to income tax legislation.