We will continue to respond aggressively against any attack on Israeli citizens.
(Communicated by the Cabinet Secretariat)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting on Sunday, 27 December 2009:
1. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made the following remarks:
"I would like to commend the ISA and the IDF for the quick operation against the cell that murdered Rabbi Meir Avshalom Chai. Our policy against terrorism is clear. We will continue to respond aggressively against any attack on Israeli citizens and against any firing of rockets or missiles at Israeli territory.
"On Tuesday, I will meet Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in Egypt, at my request. I think that we have an interest in advancing the peace process in various ways. Omar Suleiman was here last week. I met with him and other officials and I intend to continue this important dialogue. I have also asked Minister Ben-Eliezer to join me on this trip."
2. Pursuant to Article 23 of the 1959 State Service Law (Appointments), the Cabinet approved the appointment of Menachem Greenbloom as Science and Technology Ministry Director-General.
3. Pursuant to Article 23 of the 1959 State Service Law (Appointments), the Cabinet approved the appointment of Amnon Ben-Ami as Director of the Interior Ministry Population, Migration and Border Crossings Authority, effective January 1, 2010.
4. Pursuant to Article 11A of the 1962 Druze Religious Courts Law, the Cabinet appointed Deputy Negev and Galilee Development Minister Ayoub Kara as a member of the Druze religious court judge appointments committee.
5. Pursuant to its previous decisions on the matter, in accordance with Article 21 of the 1959 State Service Law and according to the recommendation of the State Service committee, the Cabinet appointed the members of search committee for various Justice Ministry positions that are not subject to public tender.
6. The Cabinet decided to establish a ministerial committee, chaired by Prime Minister Netanyahu, on advancing, developing and implementing renewable energies.
7. The Cabinet discussed the establishment of two new communities for Gush Katif evacuees in the Nahal Sorek Regional Council area.
8. The Cabinet discussed moving evacuees from Kfar Darom and other communities to Nir Akiva and placing temporary residential structures there.
9. The Cabinet discussed the employment of foreign workers in the agriculture sector.
10. The Cabinet discussed terms of office for various senior civil servants.