(Communicated by the IDF Spokesman)
On Tuesday, 30 November 2004, the IDF military court in Judea handed down the verdict in the case against Abdallah Barghouti, a Hamas terrorist who prepared the explosive devices used in a number of terrorist attacks in which 66 Israelis were killed and many others sustained serious injuries. The terrorist Abdallah Barghouti has been involved in many terrorist attacks:
- The terrorist attack in a Jerusalem Sbarro restaurant on 9 August 2001, in which 15 civilians were killed and 130 wounded. Abdallah Barghouti prepared the explosive device used by the suicide terrorist in the attack.
- The terrorist attack in the Sheffield Club in Rishon Lezion on 7 May 2002, in which 15 civilians were killed and 59 wounded.
- The multiple terrorist attack on the pedestrian mall on Jerusalem’s Ben Yehuda Street on 1 December 2001, in which ten civilians were killed and another 191 were wounded. Abdallah Barghouti prepared the three explosive devices used in the attacks, carried out using two suicide bombers and one car bomb.
- Barghouti prepared the explosive belt for the suicide bomber who carried out the attack in Moment Cafe in Jerusalem on 9 March 2002, in which 11 Israeli civilians were killed and 65 wounded.
- Barghouti prepared the explosive device used in the suicide bombing at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem on 31 July 2002, in which nine Israeli civilians were killed and 81 wounded.
- Barghouti prepared the explosive belt that was used in the suicide attack on the number 4 bus on Allenby Street in Tel Aviv on 19 September 2002, killing six Israeli civilians and wounding 84.
Abdallah Barghouti has been responsible for a number of other terror attacks:
1. He prepared an explosive device which was detonated in the area of Pi Glilot on 23 May 2002.
2. He also prepared and planted an explosive device on 30 June 2002 which exploded on the railroad tracks in Lod (four Israeli civilians were injured).