The Ministry of Health announces the destruction of expired meat (fresh poultry) at the “Hamim Vetaim” supermarket at 27 Alexander Zeid Street, Kiryat TivonOn November 06, 2012, inspectors from the Haifa District Health Bureau conducted an audit at the “Hamim Vetaim” supermarket in Kiryat Tivon. The following operational irregularities were found during the audit:
- In the refrigerator – the display glass – there is no separation between poultry and beef as required.
- The meat mincer was found to be dirty and it contained meat leftovers.
- The meat mincer was found to be dirty and it contained remnants of meat.
- The scale and the shelves were dirty.
- Dirty rags were found under the cutting boards.
- No orderly records of destruction of meats.
- A back room was found to be untidy, there were signs of dirt on the ceiling.
A decision was reached to destroy 80 kg of expired meat (fresh poultry).