Meeting between IDF OC Central Command and Palestinian officials results in announcement regarding easing measures.
(Communicated by the IDF Spokesperson)
The IDF OC Central Command, Maj. Gen. Avi Mizrahi, and the Head of the Civil Administration, Brig. Gen. Yoav Mordechai, held a coordination meeting with Palestinian Authority officials today. In addition to discussing various security-related issues, Maj. Gen. Mizrahi informed the officials of the implementation of the following goodwill measures towards the Palestinian population in the Judea and Samaria region in the near future:
• Entry of tourists to the city of Bethlehem will be permitted via all crossings.
• 50 Israeli tour guides will be issued entry permits to Bethlehem.
• The Adh-Dhahiriya crossing, southwest of Hebron, will be opened to allow free passage of Palestinians.
• Easing of restrictions for senior Palestinian businessmen going through security crossings.
• The Qeidar road, near Ma’ale Adumim, will be opened for Palestinian movement.
• 60 additional road blocks will be removed throughout the West Bank.
• Israeli Arab civilians will be permitted to travel through all security crossings located on the Judea and Samaria region security fence. Additionally, they will be able to enter Tulkarem via the 104 crossing on weekends.
The IDF will continue to operate firmly against terrorism while sustaining liaison and coordination with Palestinian officials, in order to maintain the life routine and security of all residents of the Judea and Samaria region and the State of Israel.