(Communicated by the Government Press Office)
Hamas has an avowedly antisemitic policy. On the eve of Holocaust Martyrs’ and Heroes Remembrance Day, we offer several examples of the organization’s policy of antisemitism and Holocaust-denial. It is with this organization that Abu Mazen has made a pact.
1. A media release issued by Hamas in the wake of the January 2000 Stockholm conference on Holocaust research:
"This conference bears a clear Zionist goal, aimed at forging history by hiding the truth about the so-called Holocaust, which is an alleged and invented story with no basis…. The invention of these grand illusions of an alleged crime that never occurred, ignoring the millions of dead European victims of Nazism during the war, clearly reveals the racist Zionist face, which believes in the superiority of the Jewish race over the rest of the nations."
2. Hamas to UNRWA on its refusal to teach the Holocaust in the agency’s schools in the Gaza Strip:
"We cannot agree to a programme that is intended to poison the minds of our children."
3. Senior Hamas official Mahmoud al-Zahar on 6 January 2011:
"The lie according to which they were a victim of a holocaust and the (Jewish) people are a victim – this lie has crumbled with the holocaust of Beit Hanun…and the other countless holocausts committed by the Zionist enemy."
4. Hamas official Fawzi Barhoum said that the Holocaust was "a big lie."
5. Article 7 of the Hamas Covenant:
“The time [Judgment Day] will not come until Muslims fight the Jews and kill them and until the Jew hides behind the rocks and trees, and [then] the rocks and trees will say: ‘Oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew hiding [behind me], come and kill him.’"