Hamas takes advantage of the fact that the IDF avoids attacking targets where it is known there are civilians.
Hamas and the other terrorist organizations in the Gaza Strip have adopted various tactics of using civilians as human shields. One of them is encouraging civilians to gather on roofs to prevent terrorists and their houses from being attacked by the Israeli Air Force.
1. Hamas spokesman, Sami Abu Zuhri was interviewed on 8 July, and called on the Palestinian people to use the human shield tactic to defend their homes: "We in the Hamas movement call on our people to adopt this procedure" (Source: Memri and Channel 10):
In the video the interviewer can be heard asking a question which takes for granted the use of the human shield tactic. Abu-Zuhri embraces this method, saying it had already proved itself and calling on the Palestinian people to use it again.
8. A Hamas propaganda video raving about the intended use of the Palestinian youngsters to throw hand grenades. GovXParagraph3
9. IDF Videos:
(1) Hamas’ use of civilians as human shields – compilation
(2) Gaza terrorists use civilian ambulances for cover: This clip shows how the IDF called off an attack after the target entered an ambulance.
(3) Hamas takes advantage of the fact that the the IDF avoids attacking targets where it is know there are civilians.