||ISRAEL-JORDAN PEACE TREATY|
- Concerning Article 3 (f) stating that:
"Immediately upon the exchange of the instruments of ratification of this Treaty, each Party will deploy on each side of the international boundary as defined in Annex I (a)."
The Parties recognise the practical questions connected with the deployment (such as demarcation, minefields, fences), and therefore would interpret the language to mean that the deployment would start immediately, continue uninterruptedly and expeditiously, and conclude no later than 3 months after the exchange of the instruments of ratification.
- With regard to economic and monetary matters pertaining specifically to the territories under Israeli Military control, the two governments shall consult with each other with the aim of:
- eliminating or mitigating adverse effects on their economies;
- giving each other enough time to make the necessary adjustments.
The above is without prejudice to activities which are the result of relations with other states or to former obligations with regard to the territories referred to above, except to the extent that the implementation of such obligations may have adverse effects and to the extent that the implementation is within their control.
- In the spirit of peace, the two Parties attach high priority to the planned recreation joint venture project in the Naharayim/Baqura area, they favourably consider the partnership in peace to be created there, and will endeavor together to promote its implementation as soon as possible.
- The parties will, upon the signature of this Treaty, establish a joint committee headed by senior officials to monitor the implementation of this Treaty and the conclusion of relevant agreements, in accordance with the Treaty provisions.