||REGIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL COOPERATION|
|Regional Environmental Cooperation and Development Options
Government of Israel
Ministry of the Environment
The work was guided and edited by Dr. Joseph Vardi and Mr. Rafi Benvenisti, and compiled by Mr. Shimon Seroussi.
Research assistance by Ms. June Dilevsky; English translation and editing by Ms. Rosanna Milstein; coordination by Mr. Mayor Admon and Mr. Motti Crystal; publishing production by Ms. Iris Barel and Ms. Hannah Jarach; graphic art by Mr. Herbert Bishko, Ms.Vered Shmueli-Mari and Ms. Vered Shatil.
The development options and details presented in this book are of a preliminary nature and comprise an inventory of various ideas and thoughts on possible development options in the region. Their inclusion does not imply approval for execution. They are presented for study, discussion and evaluation purposes only and are subject to government decisions, negotiations with other parties in the region and detailed feasibility studies. Implementation and project investment figures and other details depend on the outcome of these measures. All maps are of a schematic nature and are for illustration purposes only. The development options presented in this book are in accordance with the situation in the region as of end August 1995.
Table of Contents
- The Regional Environment in an Era of Peace – Yossi Sarid, Minister of the Environment
- Introduction: The Middle East Environment as an Investment – Dr. Israel Peleg, Director General, Ministry of the Environment
- Chapter 1: Regional Environmental Management Frameworks
- Chapter 2: Environmental Infrastructure
- Chapter 3: Combating Desertification and Desert Rehabilitation
- Chapter 4: Nature Conservation
- Chapter 5: Parks