(Communicated by the IDF Spokesman)
Over the past 24 hours, more than 150 missiles landed inside Israel. Since July 12, approximately 1,400 missiles have landed in Israel.
IDF forces continue to focus operations against Hizbullah terrorists in several areas close to the border in southern Lebanon, with the aim of destroying Hezbollah’s terror infrastructure, weapons facilities and missile stores, in order to reshape the security situation along the border.
IDF forces moved into the town of Bint Jbeil, encountering heavy attacks by Hizbullah gunmen. Eight soldiers were killed in the fighting and an additional 22 were wounded, three of them severely.
Fighting continues in the area.
In Maroun A-Ras a Hizbullah cell fired an anti-tank rocket at a structure in which IDF soldiers were present, killing one officer and wounding three soldiers, two of them severely.
The IDF carried out over a 120 aerial attacks in the past 24 hours (8:00 July 26 8:00 July 27), among them:
- Hizbullah structures, posts and head quarters, including some used for storage of weaponry.
- A number of rocket launchers, including a vehicle assembled with a launcher south-east of Tyre.
- Three vehicles carrying weaponry on the Beirut- Damascus road.
- A Radar used by the Lebanese army, stationed north of Beirut. The targeting of this radar follows the cooperation between the Hizbullah and the Lebanese military, demonstrated in the attack on the Israeli missile ship on July 14 in which four IDF soldiers were killed.
- Several rocket launching sites in southern Lebanon and routes used by Hizbullah to reach these sites.
During the day, the IDF also continued firing artillery into southern Lebanon, targeting terror infrastructure in southern Lebanon along the border.