Residents of Even Sapir, a neighborhood near Hadassah Ein Kerem, and nearby communities, can safely go outside. People in the area were told to stay indoors yesterday, August 2, 2015, after a fire caused buildings with asbestos roofs to go up in flames. This resulted in the release of particles that can trapped in the lungs when breathed in.
August 2, 2015, 18:00
The Ministry of Environmental Protection (MoEP) is recommending that residents and neighbors stay indoors and shut all vents in their homes. These include the communities of: Even Sapir, Ora, Aminadav, Zur Hadassah, Kiryat Menachem, Kiryat Yovel, Ir Ganim, Beit Hakerem, Ein Kerem, and Gilo. Those visiting patients at Hadassah Ein Kerem are also being advised to stay indoors.
MoEP teams are on the scene, helping firefighters who are trying to gain control over the blaze.