List of participants
List of participants
- H.E. Ambassador Atilio Norberto MOLTENI – Ambassador of Argentina in Israel.
- Lt. Col. Jose Novak – Deputy Air Attaché- Embassy of Argentina in Israel.
- Mr. Luis Levit- Counsellor – Embassy of Argentina in Israel.
- Mr. Thomas ROTH – Counselor Embassy of Australia in Vienna.
Alison DRURY – Third Secretary, Embassy of Australia in Israel.
- Mr. Claudio Mederios LEOPOLIDINO – Third Secretary – Disarmament and Sensitive Technologies Division – Ministry of Foreign Relations – Brasilia.
- Col. Nilson Soilet CARMINATI – Head of Brazilian Military Liaison Office in Israel.
- Mr. Bozhidar PENCHEV- Head of Department for NATO and Economic Aspects of Security, Internationally Controlled Trade and Security Directorate – Ministry of Economy and Energy.
- Ms. Parissa POPNIKOLOVA- NATO and international Security Directorate – Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Col. Carlos BERTENS – Defense and Air Attaché – Chilean Embassy in Israel.
- Mr. Daxue WANG – Deputy Director- Non-proliferation & Export Control Department of Arms Control & Disarmament MFA, China.
- Mr. Du GENQI – Embassy of China in Israel.
- H.E. Ambassador Hector Fabio VELASCO – Ambassador of Colombia in Israel.
- Ms. Bujas JURAGA, Head of the Department for International Security in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integrations of the Republic of Croatia.
- Mr. Jan KASHE – Military Advisor – embassy of the Czech Republic in Israel .
- Mr. Ahmad Hafez – Second Secretary – Embassy of Egypt in Israel.
- Mr. Gamal Roshdy – Third Secretary – Embassy of Egypt in Israel.
- H.E. Ambassador Francois RIVASSEAU – Permanent Representative to the Conference on Disarmament – Geneva.
- Mr. Gilles PECASSOU – Premier Secretair – Embassy of France in Israel.
- Mr. Holger SPERLICH – Deputy Head of Section, Aviation Security – Federal Ministry of Interior – Germany.
- Mr. Gerhard ENDRES – Military Attaché – Embassy of Germany in Israel.
- Ms. Anja LUTHER, Political department German Embassy.
- Mr. Paolo CUCULI – Counsellor – Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Political Affairs Division.
- Col. A.k. SHARMA – Ministry of Defense – New Delhi – India.
- Mr. Deepak MITTAL – First secretary – Embassy of India in Israel.
- Mr. Kansuke NAGAOKA – Counsellor – Embassy of Japan in Israel.
- Ms. Onny Jalink – – Arms Control and Arms Export Policy Division – Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Mr. Umaru Bukar-Kolo ZANNA – Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Nigeria .
- Ambassador Tadeusz CHOMICKI – Deputy Director Department for Security policy, Poland Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Dr Jan BURY- Polish Institute of International Affairs.
- Mrs. Alekesandra BUKOWSKA-McCABE – Third Secretary – Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Israel.
- Mr. Cristian MIHAILESCU – UN Direction and Specialized Institutions – Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Romania.
- Mr. Igor S. VISHNEVETSKY- Senior Counsellor of the Department of Security Affairs- Ministry of Foreign Affairs- Russian Federation.
- Ambassador Steen HOHWÜ-CHRISTENSEN – Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Sweden.
- Ms. Nur ALKIS – Arms Control and Disarmament – Ministry of Foreign Affairs Turkey .
- Mr. Olexader MOSKVITIN – Deputy Director Arms Control and Military Cooperation – Ukraine Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Mr. Trevor MOORE – UK Foreign Office – London.
- Ms. Margaret Theresa MITCHELL (Head of Delegation) – Foreign Affairs Officer, Office of Conventional Arms Threat Reduction Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation U.S. Department of State.
- Mr. Mark Winford ADAMS – Program Manager – Office on Weapons Removal and Abatement Bureau of Political-Military Affairs – U.S. Department of State.
- Mr. Thori Ellis WOLFE Strategic Policy Analyst- Office of the Ass’t Secretary of Defense Special Operations/Low-Intensity Conflict Special Operations and Combating- Terrorism. Department of Defense
- Mr. Frank David DIAZ – Deputy Chief for Conventional Arms Threat Reduction,
Defense Threat Reduction Agency,
Department of Defense.
- Mr. Kirk Patrick SKINNER-Deputy Special Agent in Charge
Office of Security Assessments,
Transportation Security Administration.
- Mr. Michael C. KEAYS -First Secretary for Political-Military Affairs Embassy of the U.S.A,
Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Dr Christophe CARLE Deputy Director United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR) Geneva.
- Ambassador Miriam ZIV – Head of Strategic Affairs division.
- Mr. Alon BAR – Director of Arms Control .
- Mr. Yehuda YAAKOV – Director of Non- proliferation and Counter Terrorism.
- Mr. Haim WAXMAN – Director of Export Control .
- Mr. Amnon EFRAT – Director of Regional Security.
- Mr. Yossi BEN- MUSTAKI – Deputy Director of Non- proliferation and Counter Terrorism.
- Ms. Avivit BAR- ILAN – Department of Non- proliferation and Counter Terrorism.
- Mr. Meir ITZCHAKI – Deputy Director -Arms Control Department.
- Mr. Joshua ZARAKA – Permanent Representative of Israel To the Conference on Disarmament in Geneva.
Ms. Keren SHAHAR – BEN- AMI – Office of the Legal Advisor.
Ministry of Defence
- Navy Capt. (ret.) Aharon SHAHAR – Senior Coordinator Arms Control & Regional Security.
- Mr. Ehud Ben AHARON – Director Defense Export Controls.
- Mr. Ram RAVIV – Office of the Legal Advisor.
- Mr. Yoram ZIFLINGER – Director, Defense Export Licenses and Export Controls .
- Mr. Yoni RABINOWITZ – Head of the Optronic Warfare Department.
- Mr. Benjamin MAOR – Head of the Airborne Countermeasure Section.
- Cap. Dorit TUVAL- Legal Advisor Israel Defense Forces The Military Advocate General’s Corps- International Law Department.
- Lt. Col. Rani BROSS.
- Maj. Irit SUZKIN- KATZ.
- Lt. Oren GERNER.
- Cap. Orit LICHTER.
- Cap. Gabriel WAINMANN.
- Mr. Noam HARTOUCH.
- Mr. Itamar LEVY.
- Mr. Dima PODPLONI.
- Mr. David SHTERENBERG.
- Cap. Ben BURGEL.
- Mr. Moti MAMLIYAH.
Israel Civil Aviation Authority
- Mr. Arik BEN- ARI – Senior Deputy Director General – Israel Civil Aviation Authority.
5th April, 2006 – Jerusalem Hall, MFA
- 11:45 – Transportation from the Crowne Plaza Hotel to the MFA.
- 12:00 -13:00 – Lunch + Registration .
- 13:00 -13:30 – Opening remarks, Mr. Ron PROSOR, Director General, Ministry of Foreign Affairs .
- 13:30 -15:30 – Threat Assessment – Israel IDF
- 15:30 – 15:45 – Coffee break
- 15:45 -16:45 – UNIDIR – The MANPADS Challenge: Existing approaches and future options – Dr. Christophe Carle, Deputy Director, United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR) Geneva
- 16:45 -17:45 – Australia – The Australian Initiative on MANPADS – Mr. Thomas Roth, Counselor, Embassy of Australia in Vienna
- 17:45 – 18:45 – Combating the Threat – Mr. Roy Elhanan, Aviation Security Branch, Israel Security Agency
- 19:00 – 21:00 – Dinner reception hosted by the MFA Strategic Affairs division.
6th April, 2006 – Avriel Hall, MFA
This day is dedicated for the discussions on the following issues. The format will be of a short presentation followed by interactive discussions in which delegates could express their views including through short presentations.
- 09:00 – 09:30 – Opening Ambassador Miriam Ziv, Deputy Director General for Strategic Affairs, MFA .
- 09:30 – 10:30 – Transfer Controls – Opening presentation by Mr. Igor S. VISHNEVETSKY, Senior Counsellor of the Department of Security Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Russian Federation followed by interactive debate and additional presentations by other participants
- 10:30 -11:30 – Stockpile Management and Security – US – Opening presentation by United States Department of State, Bureau of PM, followed by interactive debate
- 11:30 -12:00 – Coffee break
- 12:00 -13:00 – Civil Aviation Security and Protection – Opening presentation by Mr. Arik Ben-Ari, Senior Deputy Director General Civil Aviation Authority, followed by interactive debate and additional presentations by other participants
- 13:00 -14:30 – Lunch hosted by Deputy Director General for Strategic Affairs, Ambassador Miriam Ziv. MFA Auditorium.
- 14:30 – 15:30 – Existing and Additional Measures – Opening presentation by Mr. WANG Daxue, Deputy Director/Non-proliferation & Export Control, Department of Arms Control & Disarmament MFA, China.
- 15:30 – 16:30 – Transparency – Opening presentation – Ms. Onny Jalink, Arms Control and Arms Export Policy Division, Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, gollowed by interactive discussions
- 16:30 -17:00 – Coffee break
- 17:00 – 18:00 – The Way Ahead – Opening presentation by Ambassador Tadeusz Chomicki, Deputy Director Department for Security /Policy, Poland Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 18:00 – 19:00 – Closing remarks and conclusions- Mr. Alon Bar, Director of Arms Control, Israel MFA