Last, week, the most powerful snowstorm seen in decades hit Israel. The storm blocked roads, felled trees and power lines, caused flooding, and left thousands without electricity or water in their homes. As soon as the storm hit, the IDF (Zahal) was ready to act. This is how we helped Israelis and Palestinians alike to get back on their feet.
1. On Thursday morning, a huge snowstorm hit Jerusalem and other parts of Israel.
2. The IDF (Zahal) quickly got to work, helping motorists caught in the storm.
3. The IDF (Zahal)’s operational drivers drove all the way from southern Israel to help in rescue missions in Jerusalem.
4. Our bulldozers started clearing the snow on the highway.
5. Even our APCs were out on the Jerusalem streets, helping stranded drivers.
6. The IDF (Zahal) Home Front Command worked tirelessly to hand out food, deal with fallen trees and assist people without power.
7. They made sure that Jerusalem’s elderly residents were warm and safe in their homes.
8. Soldiers from the Nahal Brigade cleared roads leading to Nabi Samuil, a small Arab village that was left without electricity.
9. After reaching the village, the soldiers distributed blankets and food to civilians who were isolated by the storm.
10. They assisted Israeli medics to treat civilians, rescuing an elderly woman and evacuating her to the hospital.
11. IDF (Zahal) bulldozers helped Palestinians clear roads blocked due to the snowstorm.
12. They got a Palestinian ambulance stuck in the snow back on the road.
13. We also facilitated deliveries of fuel to Gaza, helping local residents hit by the storm.
14. And after helping so many people, our soldiers found time to have some fun of their own in the snow.