מחבר: ברית אלמוג
Sukkot holiday began today and allegedly the link between activities of Christmas on the arm. What can be shared between holiday celebration meeting in a week and the activities of the high seas ships? So it is, apparently. The holiday picked for you (the holiday harvest, anyway) seven common things and to live aboard the ships of the sea arm.
1. the structure defined by the succa lots of rules that define the minimal space on Sukkah be; Height, structure and the walls, but the basic objective of the rules is to allow a Bower of staying for seven days, it density and appropriate conditions. Construction of the ship is based on the same principles-practical, and most importantly, it can stay a week. Besides the Sukkah must be stable. It did not quite match the ships, although they try so hard.
2. part of the fun at Sukkot is a succah decorations. Between paper chain to different images, colorful and often see hut loaded with ornaments. There are also ships decorations or specific decoration called plabera Panel. The Board contains a clip of cruise ship crew members, activities and documentation of staff, often team members released. The Board, like the Sukkah, making decorations to stay rather than become more pleasant and homely and the walls become less gray.
3. the team sitting in a Sukkah is mandatory for men but women’s authority. Service on ships, at least he fin unit permission to build. Unlike many precepts in Judaism and various combat roles, yes sea wing can build into the fighting significantly and equal to men.
4. the Sukkah must contain all the necessities for staying for a week. He needs to eat, sleep and spend time with her during the whole holiday. Not surprisingly, the ship has to meet those needs. A postcard out to trip of three days he had to eat, sleep and live in General, and the ship should allow it.
5. everyone is afraid of the rain on Sukkot, because nobody wants to wake up to the rain breaks. And still, gazebo and dry clothes. However, to be on the ship, when wet to the bone and you have hours to shift and the wind never stops, it’s harder.
6. the Simchat Beit hashoeivah ‘ is a Jewish holiday of Sukkot. The practice includes Dancing and singing each holidays. Also on the security of ships, after training or at the end of three days of sailing, all team members music and dancing together. It is not always in the dark but it is always happy, fun and funny really, especially for those not used to it.
7. ushpizin is one notable customs of Sukkot holiday. Accommodation in people considered to be one of the most important parts at, and what’s more fun than sitting with friends in a Sukkah, laugh together and enjoy the freedom. Ships also regularly hosts people. Visits of foreign armies, Naval Academy cadets who come to experience in life boats or infantry soldiers who are coming to recognize their border from the angle, all are nice accommodations, great food and the best friend you could ask for. Just hope you don’t feel the sea do none and want it to end.
Translated from Navy website