A lesson in meteorology. The shack that housed the school’s improvised metorological station can be seen in the background 22 cadets complete pilot courses at Aviron
Despite the limitations the RAF had imposed on civilian flights in Jewish Palestine after the outbreak of WW2, Aviron managed to train a relatively large number of pilots in 1940. By May 1940, a total of 30 men had completed the course and received their Class A license, since the school had started operating. By comparison, a full 22 cadets graduated between May and mid-September, two of them British. Besides these pilots, RAF officers also used the company’s services for training flights, and there were negotiations for sending exiled Polish pilots to train there as well.
The flight instructors were Tzur and his two deputies, Rapoport and Henenson. The school also employed two flight engineers who took an active part in instruction, besides their routine role of maintaining the company’s commercial planes.