- Over the past 24 hours, over 45 rockets have hit communities in southern Israel – injuring four people, one severely, one moderately and two lightly.
- The Iron Dome active missile defense system has intercepted over 10 Grad rockets – which were fired at the cities of Be’er Sheva, Ashdod and Ashkelon, together home to over 520,000 people.
- Archive: Densely populated areas are the targets of the rockets
- Overnight, IAF aircraft targeted two weapon manufacturing facilities and two rocket launching sites in the northern Gaza Strip, a weapon manufacturing facility in the central Gaza Strip and a terror activity site in the southern Gaza Strip.
- In addition, IAF aircraft targeted a terrorist in the central Gaza Strip and six additional terrorist squads who were in the final stages of preparing to fire rockets at Israel from separate locations in the northern and the central Gaza Strip. Direct hits were identified.
The targeting is in direct response to the rocket fire at Israeli communities in southern Israel.
Israel Under Fire: Damage caused by rockets fired from Gaza (credit: megapixel.com)
The IDF (Zahal) is prepared to defend the residents of Israel and will respond with strength and determination against any attempt to execute terrorist attacks. Hamas uses other terror organizations to carry out terror attacks against the State of Israel and will bear the consequences of these actions in any future operation embarked upon by the IDF (Zahal) in order to eliminate the terror threat and restore the relative calm to the area.
Archive: Firemen extinguishing fire caused by a Grad rocket.
Previous Announcement: IAF Targets Terrorist Squads Preparing to Fire Rockets