This former German Templer colony has been revitalized and landscaped to include eateries, upscale shops, playgrounds and parks, art galleries and more.
Some are calling Sarona the hottest place in Tel Aviv. Considering the area’s parks, restored Templer architecture, trendy cafés, shops and art galleries, they may be right.
The neighborhood of Sarona was established in 1871 by German Templers, pious Christians who came from southern Germany to engage in agriculture and small industry. In recent years the 33 former residential buildings they erected have been converted from residential units into one-of-a-kind commercial units in the heart of the city. Meticulous landscaping gives it all a most welcoming feel.